Quite recently, a Chinese online shop providing electronics in reasonable prices, namely – GearBest has become exceptionally popular. Many buyers have been looking for GearBest reviews in order to find a definitive answer for the following question: ‘Is GearBest legit?’. That is why we have decided to check out said shop in detail.
Basic data on GearBest.com
GearBest is a typical online shop. It does not operate in a manner similar to AliExpress or DHgate, where producers can sell their goods. GearBest.com sends the ordered products by itself, as it is with Lightinthebox and DressLily. While visiting the website, one can come across a brief annotation stating that the shop was established in 2014, which is probably true, for the domain was created and registered on 17th December 2013. Basing on the provided pieces of information, we have found it difficult to specify the owner of the GearBest website. After an in-depth verification, it has turned out that the company is owned by the Shenzhen Globalegrow E-Commerce Company, which is also the owner of such popular websites as: SammyDress, RoseGal, RoseWholesale, and Dresslily.
GearBest.com is predominantly known as an online shop offering electronics. However, one may also find such product categories there:
- bags and footwear,
- watches and jewelry,
- household and garden appliances,
- health and wellness-related products,
- sports products,
- items for kids.
Before proceeding to the analysis of GearBest reviews, we would like to briefly discuss the order placement procedure.
To place an order, one has to:
1. Visit the main page of the GearBest.com shop and enter the name of a desired item in the GearBest search module. Alternatively, one can select a category of interest by using the ,,Shop By Department” tab.
2. Now, all the available products should be displayed. In order not to browse through thousands of items, you can always narrow down search results, for example by setting a price threshold or choosing options available in the left panel. Prices should be provided in a currency used in the country of the buyer, because after entering the website, user’s nationality is specified basing on IP.
3. After selecting a product, you can familiarize yourself with its photos, read its description, or check out opinions published by other buyers.
4. If you decide to purchase a certain item, you will be asked to specify its features (such as color in the case of smart watches) and quantity. Afterwards, the goods to be ordered will be added to the cart.
5. If you browse the cart, you will see the products added, as well as fields where “Promotion Codes” can be typed in. It is worth getting such a code, for it may remarkably lower the overall price of ordered items. You can get some codes by typing in “GearBest promotion codes” in Google browsing engine.
6. To make a purchase, you can place an order via the PayPal payment processing module, by transferring money directly from your PayPal account or via credit card. You do not need to create an account on the website. If you want to choose a different payment method (Yandex Money, iDeal, Qiwi Wallet, OXXO, Boleto Bancario, Postepay, Giropay, Sofort Banking, Przelewy24, or Pago Efectivo) you then have to register at GearBest. Then you have to select the desired payment form and provide shipment data. The last thing to do is to wait for the goods to be delivered.
We have already informed you what GearBest.com is and shown you how to make purchases. Now, we are going to check out opinions on GearBest.
What are GearBest reviews?
In search of valid opinions on the website, we have decided to check 2 most popular portals, namely – Trustpilot i Sitejabber.
In the case of the Trustpilot website, customers of the GearBest.com shop have left 21452 opinions. On average, GearBest’s Trust Score of the shop is equal to 4/5 stars. The average has been specified basing on the total of 20620 opinions. The Trustpilot administration has classified the obtained result as a “Great” one. The most positive rating that can be published on the Trustpilot website is “Excellent”, which has been left by 74% of GearBest customers. The lowest, ,,Bad” rating has been left by 18% of buyers.
On the Sitejabber.com website, there have been 8699 opinions on GearBest.com. Basing on them, GearBest has an average rating of 4,6 out of 5 stars. Out of 8699 opinions, as many as 7082 are highly positive. It means that 81% of users purchasing goods via GearBest.com have rated it exceptionally well. One-star ratings have been left by 1103 individuals, so roughly 13% of all rating individuals.
* All above data was last updated on October 16, 2018.
Summary of GearBest reviews. Is GearBest legit?
Basing on all of the above, it can be stated that GearBest has many excellent reviews. In the case of both portals, 3/4 of all the customers of the shop have left excellent reviews. Even though there has been a remarkable majority of them, we have decided to check why some people have decided to give it bad reviews.
Why have some buyers left negative GearBest reviews?
Having familiarized ourselves with a significant part of negative reviews, we have come to a conclusion that the major factor has been long waiting time for delivery.
Buyers have been claiming that waiting time may be equal to 60 or even 90 days.
After learning that, we have visited GearBest.com once again to check what the declared shipping time is. We have learned that the company has been sending parcels from 4 warehouses, which are located in: China, Europe, the USA, and Spain (a back-up warehouse).
In the case of sending goods from China, the client can choose one of four shipping forms: Unregistered Air Mail, Registered Air Mail, Priority Line, and Expedited Shipping.
The Unregistered Air Mail option is free of any charge, but in its case the parcel sent to us is not registered, meaning that if it goes missing, the client cannot claim compensation. While reading GearBest reviews, we have noticed that some clients have lost their money due to the fact that their parcels have gone missing. While taking into account delivery time, it should be equal to 19-39 days (depending on the destination).
Registered Air Mail option means that the parcel with ordered goods will be registered, but the said service is to be paid extra for. Waiting time in this case is the same as it is while selecting the Unregistered Air Mail option.
If we decide to choose the Priority Line alternative, a courier company should deliver the parcel to us within 7-12 days.
The most expensive option is “Expedited Shipping”, for it is based on shipping being managed by DHL or EMS courier companies. If the first firm is selected, ordered items should be delivered to you within 12 days and if the second one is chosen – 12 days.
If the ordered goods are sent from the European warehouse and the ordering party lives in the UK, the parcel should be delivered within 3-5 days. If the buyer is from any other country within the borders of Europe, waiting time may be prolonged to 3-7 days.
If the parcel is sent from the warehouse located in the USA, it should reach a client living in the same country within 3-7 days.
GearBest.com manages an additional warehouse in Spain, which allows for managing European orders better. If you live in Spain, the ordered goods will reach you within 3-5 days and if you are currently in Portugal – 3-7 days.
There have been some clients claiming that they have published negative GearBest reviews, for they have been waiting for delivery for 60-90 days. It may be that such problems have been caused by the negligence of courier companies. Yet another possibility is that GearBest have skipped a parcel and have not sent it. Human error can sometimes lead to such situations. It is also likely that ordered items have not been available in the warehouses of GearBest.com. Then, waiting time could have been longer, because the GearBest administration has been waiting to receive goods from producers.
If waiting time for your parcel is too long and the provided tracking number does not work, it is worth asking the administration about the status of your parcel. You should receive a satisfactory answer that will dispel all your doubts.
GearBest reviews are generally good but what is your review about Gearbest? Final verdict
Our opinion on GearBest.com is positive, especially due to the fact that there are numerous positive reviews relating to the website that can be found on Trustpilot and Sitejabber.
GearBest offers interesting items in reasonable prices, so it is worth making purchases via the website in question.
We would like to ask all users who have taken advantage of GearBest to post GearBest reviews in the comment section below.